Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Half Mad with Lyme Disease

Looking for mellow live-in relationship - 38 (Somersworth)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-18, 9:58AM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite being employed and caring well for her child, my last girlfriend is a slowly deteriorating, pharmacy-addicted basket case who can't handle more than the basics to get by in life. I biked 16 miles to see her (I sold my car in May) and she didn't even have the courtesy to tell me she didn't want to see me that night. She was gone so all I got was a note saying not to call or see her again so I had to ditch my bike at night and waste money on a cab because I had a full day's work the next day.

I'm not wealthy by any means but I work for myself and have a day job. I have no criminal record, don't smoke, and I don't drink more than 2 beers at a time every 2 or 3 months. I've never verbally or physically abused a woman and I will walk 16 miles home rather than lift a finger in anger. I tried to make my last girlfriend's life more comfortable -- I got her a replacement microwave to fix the cracked one she stood in front of all the time, gave her daughter a brand-new iPod, got her backrubs when her accident injuries bothered her and mowed the lawn and shoveled for her a few times -- but her mood swings and aloofness finally doomed what we had together.

I have tried very hard to be the person my parents wanted me to be without being a self-serving type A personality. I think I've done okay. Would just like to meet a woman who can forgive and be forgiven but isn't a doormat or a lurking nutcase. People still think I'm 25 but the inevitabilities of age are starting to accumulate, so I'm looking for someone my age, not a midlife crisis trophy that many others abandon fine women for.

I can cover my half of the rent but since I got back from a failed project with 1200 websites (the owner was stubborn and half-mad with Lyme disease) my income has been pretty basic and I have to move back out of my parents' place to a place within walking distance of Tri-City Plaza where I work. I lose Maine income tax from my check every week so I would be grateful to find a place with someone in NH.

I know that living together even as roommates is a big commitment, so if you would like to take it slow and get to know me, please just say hello. If you'd just like to consider me as a roommate and don't need or want the extra complications of a relationship, that's fine too.

No scam artists, no pill junkies, and no entitlement queens, because out there is a woman who truly deserves a fun, respectful, and kind relationship, and you don't deserve to take it from her and waste my time.

Location: Somersworth

No comments: